I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Brooklyn

My New Neighborhood
My Block in Brooklyn
I've been staying late at the office finishing up stuff. I had to rush home to move my car because in New York (in Buffalo too, but not as bad), there is alternate street parking. Unfortunately, everyone in Brooklyn has a car and everyone needs to move it to the same side of the street. So, at night the streets are packed with cars. I'm not even sure why I have a car anymore. I won't drive in fear of losing my parking spot. Even when its more convenient to drive than take the subway. Recent conversation:

Me: hey, i have to go to Target this weekend and pick up some stuff.
Friend: me too, we can get some stuff.
Me: ya, i'm going to take the subway.
Friend: why, its only a 20 minute drive, and you have a lot of stuff to pick up.
Me: no, not doing it. I have a good parking spot.
Friend: that's ridiculous.
Me: no way, I'm not giving up my spot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS ALL WELL AND GOOD cherie, BUT I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO ADDRESS THE ROOMMATE SITUATION AND HAVING GUESTS OVER.

dont lure me into reading this shit without a purpose.

sfpduzif

(from now on im going to post the code i have to enter to leave a message here. another thing that you dont have to do on liverjournal)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home