I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, October 06, 2006

The Hotel de Brooklyn

When moving to New York, I had my heart set on Brooklyn. I found an awesome room on Craigslist for pretty cheap. Beautiful Neighborhood (see pics below). My landlord is Russian and as she was showing me the place, it was immaculate. She told me that I live with 3 other people. Cool, I'll take it, I said. So, here I am. I haven't really seen or heard any of my roommates. I bumped into one upstairs who was really friendly. While we were talking, she told me that there were actually 8 people living in the house (thick russian accent?). Of course, I was appalled. I went from "having roommates" to living in a hostel. Lucky for me, they don't cook its like living with ghosts. I've only seen 2 of them. On top of that, I only get two tv channels, and one of them is TNT. My landlord is also one of the unfriendliest people I have ever met. When my roommate had a friend stay for 6 days, she charged him $300. But, people are allowed to stay for a few days (for free) if its not for too long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i did read it. i still dont know what this means to me. im not coming to new york for 3 days.

maqtge

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home