I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Blue Collar Lust

I have a history of dating men below my potential. Like the time I dated the guy who told me that going to college was stupid. Or the guy I dated that didn't finish high school and decided not to get a GED. Having a Master's degree for some reason dictates that I cannot date someone who doesn't have a similiar educational background. When I moved to the city, everyone told me that I would find men in my field that would be perfect for me. I would finally date a professional. I'm not attracted to the men in the city. They are so petite and too well-dressed. Too metro. So, I find myself checking out the guy at McDonald's, the guy delivering vegetables, and the meaty guy working at the gym with the Brooklyn accent who told me he grew up with Guidos. I'm pretty sure I want that guy to fuck me until I'm choking on my orgasms. Yes, plural. Orgasms. What's going on here. I'm destined to find a blue collar love. Or lust.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

So I'm NOT the only one who feels that way. Awesome!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have always had a thing for these type of boys. two words: mike drake. why do you expect this to change just because you now have a formal education?

you know what they say...you can take the girl out of the IE, but...

=)

oqytqykx

10:12 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

dang, you aren't going to let me live that one down. he's the one who told me college was stupid.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home