I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Adventures on the Manhattan Bound Express

Again, this story starts on the morning express train. I wasn't able to get a seat, so I stood in front of a row of people. As we rolled into the Atlantic Avenue station this woman in front of me began to dry heave. She cupped her hands in front of her mouth. I scampered away envisioning a spew of puke. I was the only person who moved. Her cheeks puffed out as if she was holding it all in her mouth. The muslim lady next to her reached into her bag and pulled out a produce bag with fruit. She dumped out the fruit and handed over the clear produce bag. The woman began to puke into the produce bag. Everyone was staring at her. Thanks to the clear plastic, we all saw the contents. The fun never stops on public transport. The week just started, I can't wait for the next show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the stuff that blogs are made of. thanks.

11:36 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

I love that you scampered. Give me a moment to picture that.

There.

The world is a much funnier week now.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home