I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Career and Family.

Much like my fellow blogger pointed out in his comments on my last post, I haven't been living up New York as much as I should be. As a result my posts consist of my desire for Cali guy and Chocolate Soy Milk. I will offer two reasons for this: 1. Its pretty cold right now, and for a warm-blooded Socal girl like myself, anything below 70 degrees is dehabilitating. 2. I live in Brooklyn, and train schedules on the weekend run wonky, so a ride into the city is an hour. Another reason I think is that I've sort of lost desire to live in New York. I enjoy the performing arts and the stuff to do, but I don't always feel like paying $50 for entertainment. I went to the most amazing flamenco performance on Tuesday and its times like that I'm thankful I live here. I've sort of come to realize that my life is sort of empty. I was always career-minded and ambitious. The sort of girl that wanted a man but didn't need one. Recently, I started to realize that I have no one to come home to, no one to share my life with. I'm starting to feel like maybe the idea that someone doesn't need another person is just hype. Maybe I was wrong. Suddenly, the idea of having a family seems appealing to me. Having a career and a family sounds ideal to me. I hear of the women who get married and have a family and never get a chance to go to school or pursue a career and harbor feelings of resentment. Lucky for me I did have the chance and now I think I want a family too. These thoughts are just developing, we'll see if this changes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm. im not quite sure how to respond to any of that. while i do understand your dilemma, im not sure i agree about the relationship thing. i mean, yes, there are times when i just think it would be nice to have someone to fall asleep with/wake up next to, i also know that beyond that i most definitely appreciate having a saturday or sunday all to myself. and that is where friends come in.

im sure that in time you will find your way. and if that way just so happens to lead you back west, so be it.

until then, enjoy the time you have with your city. and keep in mind that some people dream of living there and never do. you have been given the opportunity that many others only long for.

make the most of it.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home