I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Shopping at Saks

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue today. I've generally been very intimidated by the fashion scene here in NYC. I remember in Cali how I wore open toed shoes and skirts every day and clearly you cannot do that when the weather is as ridiculous as it is in the northeast. I was intimidated by walking into the store and seeing all those filthy rich people paying for their purchases in cash. I went in to get some Seven jeans and came out with a pair of Sevens, 2 Marc Jacobs shirts, 1 BCBG Maxmaria shirt, 1 BCBG Maxmaria skirt, and 1 Walter Baker top. I can't explain what came over me. I saw some of the most beautiful shirts and colors I've ever seen. I tried on dresses that cost over $300 and actually considered buying them. Suddenly, $100 for a shirt seemed cheap. It was amazing. The Dolce & Gabbana pieces were gorgeous. $773 later, I still didn't have shoes. So, tomorrow I'm going to some boutiques in Brooklyn to find some cool shit. I decided that I'm not going to be losing weight anytime soon, so might as well look good while I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home