I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Heart Brooklyn

I had a major awakening while walking through my neighborhood last week. I love Brooklyn. I can't go so far as to say I love New York, because I don't give a shit about the other boroughs. Never been to Staten Island, The Bronx or Queens. I am less than impressed with Manhattan. There's something about Brooklyn that cannot be described until you live here. Today when I was searching for information, I stumbled upon The Brooklynites and in some way it gave me the reassurance that it was okay to love Brooklyn because millions of others do too. Brooklyn feels like a community. It has a rich history and an interesting diversity of people. Brooklyn has an attitude. Brooklyn feels like a small community within a large city. Every neighborhood in Brooklyn has its own personality and vibe. I know I will never live in another place like this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive decided that you are the jesse jackson of booklyn. congrats on that achievement.

11:12 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

As a Brooklynite myself (thanks for introducing me to that site, by the way), I can honestly say that I'll never live anywhere else like it either. Why would I want to? The BK has everything I need -- phenomenal food, amazing friends, bigger, better apartments & superior views of Manhattan (it looks better from our side of the river). The rest of the world can stay where they are. Just leave me my Brooklyn. Greenpoint, bitches.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home