I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Bingo and Bialys on a Saturday Night

Friday night as I was leaving work and chatting with Cali guy on the phone, I ran into this guy I met in December. I posted about our time hanging in the Lower East Side. Anyhow, he seemed very interested in me, but I couldn't see anything more than friendship. He came up to me just as I was standing in front of the subway station. It was really bizarre because we didn't have much to talk about and he casually slipped, "I'm dating someone now" into the conversation. We made non-specific plans for a non-specfic date to get together with a "group of people". After we agreed to hang out "one of these days" we parted ways. I felt like I was on an episode of some lame drama television series.

I spent my Saturday night hanging out on the nasty part of Lower East Side at a Bingo Hall nestled between the bosom of the LES projects--a brilliant idea from a co-worker. As I begin to realize I was in the ghetto, this man missing teeth asked me if I had a twin sister because his ex-wife Charlene looked just like me. He insisted that I see the picture he claimed to have which was stuffed somewhere in his pants. I told him I had to go and walked across the street. I ended up spending 4 hours of excitement at the bargain price of 6 dollars. Of course we didn't win anything. After the rousing game of bingo, we stood outside for a bit. Suddenly, this delicious scent wafted in our direction. We went to explore and discovered the bialy. In fact, this is the exact place we went to. Fun times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, based on your memories of starbucks and your immediate need for me to read this, i assumed this would have been a blog about me. or at least a mention of, as you know that is one of the few ways to keep my interest.

i am, however, glad that you got to play some bingo and migle with the homeless this weekend. another fabulous selling point for me to come and visit the great NYC.

perhaps my blog will be more exciting to you.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home