I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Doodletown USA


Saturday I spent the day hiking in a ghost town known as Doodletown. I drove to New Jersey to pick up my ex-manager and drove upstate for an hour in an attempt to view this magical place that was once inhabitated by people until 1957 when everyone moved away. We expected to see remnants of life, but instead found land with small signs stating that a family with a beautiful Victorian house to live here. You couldn't even tell at all that anything lived there besides a wild deer. We hiked for 4 hours and saw two cemetaries and beautiful cascading waterfalls. It was a perfect day on Saturday. I spent Sunday in my house trying to avoid the Nor'Easter that has hit NYC. A quiet weekend indeed.


P.S. Is it wrong to have an intellectual crush on your new manager? You know like the "professorial" crush.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, here is what im wanting from your blog. more wit, less lofty explination about weekend trips to the country. you are witty and intelligent, and you have a unique perspective on life. that does not come across AT ALL in this blog. if i didnt know you, just based on this reading, i might even think you were a boring person.

entertain me. please.

and as long as your manager is attractive, i see no problem with a "professional crush".

12:31 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

Get off your fucking high horse. My blog is typically witty and everyone knows I'm intelligent. I had to stay in all weekend because of the fucking Nor'Easter. But then again, perhaps you didn't watch the news or read the Internet or pass someone reading a newspaper with the headline that read, "Nor'Easter eats up NYC". So eat it cupcake.

1:04 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so right. i dont read the news. thats why the first think i asked about today was the rain.

dont insult my intelligence just because you had a boring weekend.

2:22 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

Awww, Doodletown. Such a sad, mystical place. Again I must return to my previous query, what do roosters in Doodletown say? I'm fascinated with it oh so very much. And no, I cannot believe it's in NY -- Jersey-folk must have still had something to do with the naming.

Mommy & Daddy, please quit fighting.

Her manager isn't attractive. He acts & dresses like a very old man & grows his fingernails way too long for my personal comfort.

11:34 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

touche on the fingernails comment. That's what i meant by intellectual crush. its not an actual crush.

11:44 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

Yeah, his brain's sexy & all, but who can get past those claws?

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your manager is unattractive, then no, even a "professional" crush is unacceptable.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home