I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Assholes & BFFs

So, I've been recently pondering some recent events in my life. A mental review of my friendships has caused me to do some introspection and ask myself a single question: Am I an asshole? Probably. When I moved to New York I had a circle of friends from Cali. One of the people I considered a BFF deleted her Myspace account. Without warning she was gone. This is akin to a slap in the face. I left an irrate message on her phone. She left a message explaining why she did it and that was the last I heard from her. That was 5 months ago. I text messaged her a month ago, and left a voicemail 2 weeks ago. No response. I think its over.


Another situation developed when another BFF went to Ireland for 5 weeks. I asked her for a single item--a Guinness shirt. She came back to the states empty handed. When I asked her about the shirt she said, "Go Online." I know this may not be something to be angry at, but I was extremely pissed off and haven't spoken to her since. Its been about a month. I think I have a friendship disorder.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive always struggled with the idea that sometimes people just come and go in life...even when you think they are meant to stick around longer, they dont.

its not a friendship disorder though, its called life.

not to sound jaded, but ive learned that there is no such thing as certaintly when it comes to anything in life, be it love, friendships, etc. all you can do is be grateful for what you have.

i thank you for being someone who has been there for me consistently. thinking about it after our conversation yesterday, i am so very happy and blessed to count you as a true friend for so long now. our friendship means a lot to me, and i mean that with all sincerity.

having said that, if you ever go to merrick, long island, and dont bring me back a t-shirt from deborah gibson's hometown, all bets are off.

11:44 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

Oh don't worry honey. I don't drive East of South Coast Brooklyn. I won't be visiting Long Island anytime soon.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i never drive north of south coast. we are perfect for each other.

10:31 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

I can't even tell you how many "friends" I've dumped over the years, but it was usually over more than a t-shirt or a myspace page. In fact, I even tried desperately to save a friendship last fall, but the girl wouldn't have any of it. The reason for the end of our friendship? I asked her to quit spamming me.

She took it very personally & began spewing shit about me, particularly that I don't care about anyone but myself, which showed she didn't even know me at all. That's when I gave up.

Now I've declared "charity war" on her. This Christmas, & for as many future Christmases it continues to bring me joy, I'm donating assloads of money to charities in her name. The catch? She's a super-Christian & I've chosen charities which point out her own hypocrisy.

Sweet, sweet revenge.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home