I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How Sweet it Was

My time in New York has come to an end. I was offered a position by the online auction company based out of Silicon Valley, California. Its a tremendous move for my career and I'll be working on some really exciting projects. I plan to be out of NYC by the end of October. I'm getting (way) more money and the ability to afford to live alone. I'm trading in the urban life for a suburban meets urban hybrid. San Francisco is only 34 miles away, and can be reached by train or by car. I'm turning in Pete's Pizza shop for Pizza Hut and Karim's bodega for a 7-11. And such is the trade off for giving up the unaffordable and inconvenient lifestyle.



I really thought I'd be sad about leaving NYC, but surprisingly I'm not. I've enjoyed my time here as much as one could under the circumstances. I've lived as a Brooklynite for a year and I don't regret my time here at all. I do wish I would have met more people that I could included in my friend pile. If I hadn't come to New York, I would never have had the chance to work on a globally recognizable brand. Because of that, it opened a lot of doors for me. I've also worked with some brilliant and patient managers that taught me everything I know, and to which I will always be grateful.



I've already drafted my 2-week notice, but will hand it over formally on Friday. I'm commemorating my last weekend in NYC at SMAC and going to a sexy wine bar. And now I turn a new page in my life...and with that will probably be some aptly named blog that I will try to link to this one...we'll see.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

I am so proud of you!!

Heres to good times in SF!

(And in San Francisco too! =)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Congrats!

4:44 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

Thanks! I'm so stoked to be moving on in my life. I had almost forgotten that life exists outside of the NYC.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home