I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Battle

I had made a personal promise to myself to not blog while depressed. After giving it some thought, I decided that I would be doing myself a disservice. This blog was created as a documentation of my experiences while living in New York and that includes all my activities, thoughts, feelings, and reflections on the entire experience. After returning from Boston, I thought I would feel some sense of happiness or some feeling of thank goodness I'm home. No such thing. I felt an immediate sense of oppression and just an overarching feeling of melancholy.


I realize that I'm depressed because I am usually pretty good at going to the gym, but I just can't bring myself to do anything that requires me to be outside my room right now. I now understand how depression just feeds the bad behavior. I also know that to get through that I have to force myself. It feels like a vicious cycle. I'm trying a different strategy, I brought my gym clothes to work and decided that I would try going to the gym afterwards so I wouldn't really feel like I'm leaving my house, I'd be leaving my work. I know it sounds stupid, but at this point I'm really trying to dig myself out of this abyss. I am so tired of feeling so sad and so unhappy all the time and I don't want to just go out and spend money because that will just make me go broke. I can't take a trip every weekend.


Its really hard to try to keep up the facade that I live in this great city but really I just want to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Okay, not funny. I'm trying though, I really am. I'm trying to do what I can to not feel this way anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if there is anyone who can understand depression, its me. i have it and i live with it every day. working out definitely helps. and you are right, making a special trip to the gym can be a bitch. and if i dont go right when i get home, i dont go at all. just keep reading books that inspire you and try to maintain a positive attitude.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home