I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hello Cali!

I only got 1.5 hours of sleep last night because I was packing for my 10 day trip to Cali and moving out of my current living situation at once. I am glad to be rid of that bitch landlord and 7 roommates. Now I will have one Trinidadian roommate and an Ecuador born roommate who recently converted to be a Muslim. While viewing the landscape from the plane window, I was taken aback by the beauty of California landscape. I always forget how beautiful the land is. How green and blue and filled with hills and water it is. Its a beautiful state and every time I come home I wonder how I could ever leave. The weather was around 67 degrees today. I remembered how I used to lay on the sidewalk of my backyard and just absorb the sunlight, I like how it felt on my skin. I also remember staring at the night sky so full of stars when I was young wondering about my future. California is still the place I think of as home and where some of the most painful and awesome memories I've ever had took place. Somehow I began to equate going home to live permanantly in California as a failure. Probably because everyone I have ever known rarely leaves. I love this state, and maybe some day I'll come back, but not before I crack New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home