I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Other happenings...

Friday Night


So it suddenly dawned on me that it appears that the only thing going on in my life is vacillating between whether I should fuck gym guy or not. But, I've been doing other cool shit too. I met someone a week ago, a Canadian (Toronto) who is business consultant for IBM. He's lived in NYC for 6 years and has a wide array of interests. He's blue collar by day, and band bass player at night. We went out last night, we met in Chinatown and ate steamed dumplings and rice cake noodles at a Chinese restaurant. We then walked to the lower east side and went bar hopping. Our first stop was a dive looking bar that was kind of lame. He said it is normally good, but that night the dj was a girl who looked like she had just rode in from Oklahoma, and she was playing lame "wedding rock" as I like to call it. Shit you hear at weddings.

We then stopped at a hookah bar and had some drinks and danced for awhile. Afterwards, we had some pizza and watched this couple who obviously had just met, make out in the vestibule of an apartment building. There was grinding action as well. We called it a night around 3 a.m. and I politely declined his offer to 420 back at his place and "crash" at his house. I would love to get into the 420 thing, but I just met this guy. So, my night ended with a $40 cab ride back to Brooklyn. Actually, a 33.00 cab ride, but when I handed the driver $40, he just stared at me when I asked for change. Next time, I'm driving to Manhattan.

Saturday Night


The first Saturday of every month is free at the Brooklyn Museum. I viewed the Ron Mueck exhibit, which was utterly fascinating. The delicate features of the human body do not go unnoticed by the artist. I also viewed the Annie Leibovitz photography exhibit which evoked a lot of emotion from me. A photograph of Hilary Clinton hugging Chelsea which really captured a humanistic and genuine side of a mother showing affection toward her daughter. Another photograph of Johnny Cash, Roseanne Cash, and June Carter Cash and their grandson was amazing. It depicted Roseanne playing a guitar and June Carter playing her instrument as Johnny Cash and his grandson look on. The last photograph which really affected me was a photograph of Johnny Depp and Kate Moss when they were dating. The sensuality and the intimacy of the photograph told the story words can't even describe. Johnny Depp has his face resting on Kate Moss's stomach while Kate is looking directly at the camera, her nipple hard. The look of lovers who share some type of intimacy which can't be described, but is known by those who have experienced the truth of love. It stirred up old painful memories of my ex and I. I've seen that look on his face. Lastly, from the World Trade Center exhibit, a photograph by William Lamson (view here) and here depicts two people lounging casually on a grassy park watching the two twin towers emitting thick black smoke. The lush and colorful landscape of the picture and the two people laying down watching the events as if they were enjoying the day at the beach is unsettling. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home