I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

After talking to my mom about the frustration I'm having with my "friends", she said "Out of sight, out of mind. You moved away, they have their own lives now. A Christmas card once a year is what you should expect." After she said this, I realized that she was right. I know these people would make time to see me when I'm in town, but its the time away that I don't hear from them very often. Incidentally, they don't read my blog so I can say whatever I want about them too. I'm over it. I thought that friendships could last over long distances, but I guess I was wrong. Time to start new in the New Year, and I guess I need to double time on making new friends.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've come to learn (the hard way) that your mom is absolutely right about this one. Sorry. Hey, if it's any consolation, I'm here and dying to see you! :D

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you to death, but you really need to learn the art of seeing things from a perspective other than your own.

a few weeks ago, i gave you several dates of when i would be available to see you while you were down here. at that time, my schedule was wide open. you, however, were unable to commit to any specific date because you were not sure what any of your plans would be.

i spoke to you on christmas day. i told you that i was thinking of taking friday off work to come down and see you. you said you were free on friday and saturday. then on tuesday, you suddenly had new mystery plans.

now i know that you of all people demand that people respect your time. i am no different. i dont know who these plans are with, but i do find it rather odd that you have the audacity to complain to me (and others in your blog) about how no one has made an effort to see you while you were visiting, i am one of the few people who remembered your birthday, blah blah blah, yet i seem to be the only one with whom you are unable to coordinate a time to meet. ironically, i appear to be the only one going out of my way to clear my schedule, TAKE TIME OFF WORK, and DRIVE AN HOUR TO SEE YOU.

i dont know where your priorities are diane, but from my perspective, they appear to be somewhat misplaced.

if i do not see you while you are down here, i will NOT be made to feel guilty, as i am most definitely of the belief that i have made every effort to make it happen.

10:55 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

First off, my compliant is not that people don't take time to see me when I'm in town because they do. The compliant is that when I'm away the efforts are lackluster at best. Secondly, I told you that I didn't think Friday was going to work for me and that Saturday would be better. I understand you have a party to prepare but you can prepare on Friday and finish up on Saturday. You don't have to do anything on account of me. And I will not be made to feel guilty because we don't see each other. Its difficult for me to promise any days because my first priority is to hang out with my mom. I appreciate you clearing days for me, but I already told you Friday wasn't definite. So, its not fair to be angry with me about that.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home