I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, February 09, 2007

The Internal Rage

I realized today that the problem is that I'm not "New York enough" for New York. I just can't be that person. I'm also convinced that I will not lose this stupid weight. Yes, my visual appearance has changed a bit in 4 months, but my weight hasn't actually moved. I know I shouldn't be worried because its muscle but, still I think I'm starting to give up. I just feel like I'm always on the verge of tears lately. It feels like a vicious cycle. I don't want to go out anymore and its too fucking cold to really want to go out anyways. I don't think I'll make friends at work the way I was sort of hoping to. I'm very reserved and keep to myself which isn't normal for me. I'm sort of trying to not spend money too, so I feel sort of stuck right now. I took three trains today to get the most fantastic chocolate soymilk I've ever had.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, when you are writing about soymilk, you know your life could be more exciting.

and if you are so unhappy in the big apple, perhaps its time to come back to the sunshine state.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wait-- i think florida is the sunshine state. my bad.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home