I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Mexican Dreams

I had a somewhat uneventful weekend. Aside from substandard "Mexican" food which I paid $55 for, I pretty much spent time on Saturday doing my laundry which was two weeks overdue. I spent Sunday in bed because of the frigid Northeast temperatures. It was nice. I watched my Netflix picks-- two Fellini films. I've had this thing for Italian movies from the 50's lately. I just found out that I'm reporting to a new manager, which I'm very excited about. I really like him and I think I can learn a lot from him. I am still thinking incessantly about the Cali guy. But, I almost feel like I can't talk about him because everyone is so against any prospect of anything. I'm forced to keep all my thoughts and opinions to myself or risk getting reamed. The person most against this is my single friend here in New York. He reamed me for almost 2 hours a few weeks ago regarding this guy. So now I don't bring him up at all. But, I don't like not being able to talk about him with anyone. I'm one of those people who would rather risk pain than face the question of what if. What if he was the guy but I didn't pursue it because of our distance problem? Or what if he isn't the one and I end up getting hurt? I'd rather take the risk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are free to discuss cali boy all you want. but you have to be sensible about the situation (or at least expect your friends to be). your judgement is clouded.

9:55 AM  
Blogger The Tattoo Collector said...

i admire that. taking the risk despite the pain. i mean, really, if you ask me, it's easier to deal with pain that can be fleeting than to deal with regret. so few people live their life that way and i think it's great! GOOD FOR YOU!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home