I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

5 days of New York Exploration

Homer's Pink Donuts at the Kwik-E Mart on 42nd Street


I had a friend visiting from Tuesday until Sunday of this week. I was determined to give her the complete New York tour. We started off by going on the Staten Island Ferry around the bay, then headed to Chinatown for some knock off Chanel purses. From there we went into Little Italy where I had the best gelato ever. We checked out some boutiques in Soho and then went to Macy's.



The next day we went to Grimaldi's and walked over the Brooklyn Bridge to find more knock off purses in Chinatown. We saw the courthouse from Law & Order in our travels. Later that day, we went to an overpriced restaurant--we spent $90 each. Afterwards we went to see Wicked. I really enjoyed the show. We went to the Living Room after the show and had a couple of drinks before going back to Brooklyn.



On Friday we went to 5th Avenue and did some shopping. She bought herself a Tiffany's necklace and we went to Saks and other high end shops. We came back to Brooklyn and went to La Maison du Couscous Moroccan restaurantin my neighborhood. It was way better and cheaper than the $90 crap we had in the city.



Saturday we went to Central Park and the Kwik-E Mart. We bought ourselves a squishee and a box of Krusty-Os. When we got back into Brooklyn we had a beer at my friend Kate's house and watched half of The Shining before going home.



On Sunday, we went to the Brooklyn Museum to check it out. She decided she was "over" going to the city. She was also so tired from walking she didn't want to go to any of the museums in Manhattan.



She said she liked New York, but could never live here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. thanx for the play-by-play. sounds like you had a good time. and for the text about deb's tattoe. you are the best.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home