I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lazy TV Weekend

I had grandiose plans this weekend. Saturday was supposed to be a trip to the Transit Museum and Coney Island on Sunday. I ended up spending the whole weekend in my underwear watching netflix and TV. Rescue Me is back on this season, and I got a phonecall from Fifi on Thursday to let me know that they were filming in her neighborhood in Brooklyn. Next time they are there, I'm going to take the day off to watch.


Rescue Me's season premiere was off to a slow start. Maybe because its been like a year since its been on and suddenly a baby is born and random people we are supposed to remember have a central role. I'm just stoked to see Denis Leary again. Outside of my dreams that is. I have an ongoing debate with a very dear friend of mine, who insists that Rescue Me is marketed for women, not men. My main argument against this is that FX is a network for men and their core audience is men. But, after watching the flash piece of Denis Leary getting hosed off on the Rescue Me site, I think he may have a point.


So, in my tv watching stupor, I came across Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-List. Delicious. I have never experienced Kathy Griffin before, but I'm glad I did. I watched the episode when she went out with Nick Carter and he wouldn't take a photo with her. Classic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you should mention ms. griffin. i am going to see her live in san francisco this coming weekend. dont hate.

and i have to be honest, this is not the life i was hoping to read about. i want stories of cosmos and sex with random strangers in bar bathrooms. not the visual of you in your underwear watching FX.

11:29 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

I think you are in major denial in regards to the state of my life. Hi, I have zero friends here, with the exception of two one of which lives far out the other is married. Oh, and the jewwannabe. I live 40-50 minutes from the city, I live about 3 shady trains away from the "cool" parts of brooklyn. I am a single girl in BROOKLYN NEW YORK. I do not have a posse of single successful chicks. A.)I can't go out alone because its safe but not that safe.
B.) See A.
BTW, I'd like to see what your life is like if you were to live here. You'd pay an exorbitant amount of money to live in a place you can't afford and maintain a lifestyle you can't afford. That's not me. I like living debt-free thank you very much.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home