I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Leaving New York

I've come to a decision. I'm leaving New York. Its a great city but, its not a place I want to stay. Blame it on many factors. My goal is to leave within 6 months. This may or may not be possible, because I'm governed by whether I am able to find another position. I'm moving back to the West Coast, the East Coast weather isn't for a Cali kid like me. I applied for a position in San Diego today. I'm setting my sights on San Francisco/San Jose area and San Diego. (I can only live in places with San in it) So, as a result I've decided to comprise a huge list of the things I want to do before I leave. Here are the highlights:

  • Ride the Cyclone and Wonder Wheel at Coney Island

  • Visit Harlem

  • Take the Staten Island Ferry

  • Visit Bensonhurst, Brooklyn

  • See a Play

  • Eat Chocolate pasta at Beppe

  • Jog in Central Park

  • See a Yankees game

  • Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge

  • Visit Prospect Park

  • Go to the Russian Tea Room

  • Go to Arthur's Tavern


There's lots more but thats the short list.
P.S. Is anyone else watching So You Think You Can Dance? Its fucking great. And of course Rescue Me is back on now Wednesdays at 10 on FX. Love Denis Leary.

2 Comments:

Blogger cherie said...

Oh right, because my life is completely revolving about what your needs are. Your need to visit NYC overrides my need to leave. Oh and of course I need to move to place you say is okay. Hmm, maybe you should live in Key West, so I can have reason to visit you more often.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie, we are not old enough to live in florida...yet.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home