I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Weekend off the G


This weekend I stayed in Fifi's apartment off the G Line in Greenpoint. I was supposed to be cat sitting. He goes to the toilet like a human to go poo and pee.

I decided that I was going to devote this weekend to me. I started my Saturday morning with a trip to Tiffany's to buy myself a necklace. I felt it would be a commemoration of my success and my time in New York. I then continued my day by walking through a corner of Central Park and shopping. I bought two new pairs of shoes, a dress, a shirt and some shorts. Later the Jewannabe met me in the city with another girl and we had dinner at Aleo's. The pumpkin ravioli was yummy.



When Sunday rolled around I headed over to the Parish Diner and had brunch. I tried the Frosted Flakes coated French Toast with the drunken bananas and a bellini. I know it sounds like something from the White trash cookbook, but it was pretty good. After brunch, I headed back to the apartment and hung out with Fifi's cat. Later, I went down to Acapulco's and had some chicken nachos con guacamole followed by a walk to Williamsburg to do some boutique shopping. I decided I like myself way more than some of the people I've met here. On that note, as my pink-haired little friend would say, Greenpoint bitches!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

good blog. and i completely agree with you on the hanging out by yourself thing. it was just me and my iphone most of the weekend, and i couldnt have had more fun.

love love love the cat on the toilet. i never thought id see the day. good times.

ok, i have to go and eat now because (for some reason) i am starving. =)

8:55 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

That's my boy on that crapper! Man, does it make me proud to say that. I know. It's creepy. (Thank the gods my bathroom looks clean!)

I just have to say, it sounds like you had a fantastic weekend in NYC -- maybe there's something to this living close to Manhattan thing? That's right, Greenpoint, bitches.

Next time, you've gotta hit the Tainted Lady Lounge for brunch -- much better than I'm guessing the Parish Diner is (though, admittedly, I've never eaten at Parish).

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home