I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Things I Hate

I decided that I kinda hate myspace. I deleted my page because I was over it. I think my main problem with the myspace thing is that people use it to hide behind. To portray an image of themselves. I hate the huge backgrounds of betty page and the tons of youtube media clips. And the sparkling stars above the names. When I lived in Buffalo, I was in a long distance relationship for 1.5 years. Its been 1.5 years since I talked to this person and occasionally, I get into the stalking mood. Myspace is perfect for that. I went to his page and it looks like the page of a 12 year old high school kid. In about 2 minutes, I was able to piece together what he's been doing with his life: Quit his job, found a new one, formulated a new band and still living in Socal. It's strange because he was the first guy I ever fell in love with, and now I can't even remember why. Is this normal? Doesn't feel right. When I think of him, I just think of how immature and stupid he is. I never wanted to think of him like that. Oh yeah, and I wish he would stop using our relationship to fuel his songs lyrics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when a relationship ends, and you are dating a songwriter, expect him to write about it. get over it.

and stop blaming myspace for everything that is wrong in the world. if you are still stalking him, then clearly deleting your profile served no real purpose then, did it!?

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ridiculousity : my new favorite word.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home