I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Found: Myself

About a week and a half ago, I found myself again. We can find ourselves in the oddest places. I attended a mandatory 4 hour meeting discussing the rebranding and positioning stategy of one of our core clients. It was during this meeting when I started to remember who I am and who I want to be. And now I feel better. I feel calmer, I feel more confident and content with where I am in my life. I had already scheduled therapy appointments before I found myself, but decided to go anyway. She told me my anxiety attacks were related to making decisions in my life. She acknowledged the fact that its difficult to meet people here and that felt good. I'm tired of people blaming me for not making friends here. I'm picky about the sort of people I want to be around, and the egotistic, shallow hipster types are not for me. I'm not about image and I just haven't met too many people that I like here. (Except for you Fifi) I went out with Kate and her friend on Friday and drank way too much. I spent the weekend cleaning. I think I'm going to visit the Greenwood Cemetary next week, gravesite of the founder of Tiffany & Co.

2 Comments:

Blogger fifi said...

Wow, that was quick. I haven't even finished finding myself & I've been looking a lot longer. I hope you're still seeing professional help, as she can continue to assist you in pushing all these good fetal thoughts into full-fledged great ideas. And thank you for pointing out that I am one of the honored few who doesn't suck in NYC. Come watch the derby this Saturday night (see my blog) & we'll see about gettin' you some more meat. Plus, there's all the cleavage, but that goes without saying.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the delay sweetheart. between my obsession with paris and my 14 hour work days, i cant seem to find the time for blogging.

i am, however, glad that you have found yourself and have started hanging out in cemetaries. we are definitely moving forward.

and please come back to myspace. its just not as fun without you.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home