I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Simpsons Brilliant Marketing


So yes, I am a Simpsons fan. I was down at the Kwik-E-Mart on 42nd street buying up a pink donut, a squishee and Krusty-o's. I love to simpsonize myself and I'm loving that they are playing my favorite episodes back to back this week. I know many out there love the Simpsons just as much or more than I do. That Kwik-E-Mart was packed with people who were snatching the last of the Buzz Cola armed with their camera phones. So, here's the question: Is anyone actually going to watch the Simpsons movie? I don't think so. I just don't think its going to be a very good movie. I have to check my facts, but my favorite seasons of the Simpsons was a while back, the new writing isn't as witty or funny. Slightly amusing, yes. But, I think I'll be adding it to the Netflix queue, squeezed between Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Sex and the City Season 3, Disk 2. Oh and by the way, that is me in the simpsons cartoon. I created my own avatar to look like me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i really was expecting a shameless plug about my night with deb. its a big deal sweetie. all i know is that the 7/27/07 blog best be all about SF. thanks.

and you are only on season 3? disc 3 is my favorite, as it contains the LA episodes, which are classic. CLASSIC i tell you.

and my word verification today is "neat", which i very much enjoy.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home