I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Secret Obsession

My friend's sister was in town, so we went to a club in the East Village. We were all in the mood to dance to hip hop. But, it was salsa night. To top it off, they didn't carry Guinness. It was a pretty uneventful evening, although we didn't get home until 4:15 a.m. My slight interest in the gym guy has turned into a full blown obsession. I feel like I'm in high school again. I want to know everything about him, but I don't want to mistake our small interactions as anything more than friendly conversations. You can get away with a lot of things in the gym atmosphere, where commenting on each other's bodies is completely normal. He told me I "look good" and I told him that he has a "nice physique". If this conversation had happened in a bar, we would be waking up together with a hangover. But, it happened at the gym, so its hard to make anything from this. I don't want to ask him out, because I asked out a guy about 4 months ago, who had seemed interested, and he kind of gave me this dumbfounded look. I found out later he had a girlfriend. The gym guy told me he has an ex-girlfriend, so that may not be a problem here, but he may not be interested in that way. How many girls does he talk to in a day? I hate this. I'm probably just going to obsess in silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home