I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bean dip anyone?

The roommate search is in full launch. It's so bizarre. I'm looking for a place in January, and already many of the places are holding open houses for these rooms that won't be available unto January. Diligently, I send my emails out selling myself and explaining why I would be the perfect roommate, and how I'm educated but not boring, witty and funny but respectful of privacy and interesting, yet clean, drug free, and social, but not too social, and no I don't mind pets. I'm scheduled to see an apartment in Williamsburg, which is way out of my budget, but damn it, I have to see it. Plus, I can start my neighborhood search there, home of the hipsters. I contacted a potential roommate today, and after seeing her myspace profile, I'm thinking no. She had hearts and random stuff that I just don't like. You can judge the subtleties of these things. I would like to move closer to Manhattan, but shit, finding a cheap, safe apartment can be rough going. Alas, I'm a Brooklyn girl(now). I'm still saying no to Queens.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont think you should tell people you are not boring. you wouldnt want ot mislead them.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*to

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home