I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

No loss of dignity

After last night, I had to sleep off the tears and sadness of being alone in this city. Shawn asked me a very crucial question, if I regret my decision to move here. No, I don't. I have the balls to do what I know many could not. I have zero family, and zero friends here. I know one person who is staying here until December. I am excited that I did this, but of course there is always going to be the hard times that come with it. I think that whole gym guy situation just exacerbated my situation. But, I've worked really hard these last few years, leaving my b/f (now my ex b/f) the only guy I've ever loved to go to grad school 3,000 miles away. Before that I went through some bumpy years before I finished my undergrad. There's nothing more satisfying then knowing that I've exceeded my own expectations and the expectations of those who knew me during those bumpy years. So, fuck the gym guy. I have worked too fucking hard and too long to let some horny guy use me for his personal pleasure. There are many decisions I made that I think changed the course of my life. I wonder if I had gone home after a year in Buffalo like I was supposed to, if my ex and I would have stayed together. Maybe. Maybe not. But, I've never been the kind of girl to forsake my education or career for any guy. Or my dignity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mama - Take it from me, anytime you move somewhere new, it's going to take a while to get to know people. I was super lonely when I first moved to NYC, but I started meeting people a few months after I moved there. Just be patient and do not have sex with that douche bag...you will most likely regret it...also, you don't want to be in alone in NYC w/ an STD...hehe, just kidding...hang in there!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey D, I'm linking your blog from mine, which I will hopefully keep updating. Glad to hear you are alive & (mostly) well in NYC.

Take Lauren's advice, too. A one-night-stand is barely a step up from masturbation anyway, so if you're not into it, let him know. He can put you in the "spank bank" and move on.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home