I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Downtown & Brooklyn

I've decided to move out of this frickin' hostel I call home. I can't move out until January, so until then I'm going to explore every neighborhood in Brooklyn minus Canarsie (16) and decide where I will finally settle. I would love to stay in this neighborhood, but I think I might end up going closer to Manhattan. I've been eyeing craigslist and found this ad, not that desperate yet. I was told to do the roommates.com thing, but I'm a little nervous. I have a list of things I want. A subway ideally located, a laundromat, supermarket, restaurants, and a New York Sports club in walking distance. I have all of that now and I'm spoiled. I also have to find a place that I can park my car without having to move it everyday. I also need to have a safe neighborhood without it being boring. Otherwise, I'd move to Queens. I have no interest at all in moving to Manhattan. I'm like Carrie Bradshaw, except I don't spend money on clothes, I don't have a Mr. Big, just some asshole gym guy who flirts with me, and I have no friends here nor do I have some editorial position and I don't live in Manhattan. I'm like a ghetto Carrie Bradshaw maybe. Actually, I have nothing in common with Carrie Bradshaw, a fictional character has a way better life than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home