I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sour Cream anyone?

I was in a conversation with some people from work and they were talking about dinner parties. One of the girls said how appalled she was that someone would think to bring sour cream and onion dip to a party. Of course, I'm like, "why?". She didn't really elaborate, but made it sound like it was trashy to think that such a "dish" would be acceptable. It stuck in my mind for two reasons: 1. I like sour cream and onion dip, so I really don't care if someone brings it to a dinner party. 2. I hope I don't become all pretentious. I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl. I lived on a twin-size air mattress for two years, without a closet, and shared a bathroom with two other girls. Even worse, I lived with two straight bachelors for almost a month, sleeping on my air mattress in their living room. I don't want to be all new yorkish if it means to be pretentious and discriminatory against sour cream dip. Who gives a shit? I don't.

On a different note, I had my first presentation to a client today! My first project and my first presentation. My manager had to leave to Korea and said that I am a good presenter, and she trusted me to do it. Stoked!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on your first presentation.

and dont worry about the sour cream dip. everyone love it. you cant go wrong with sour cream dip.

and please dont delete your myspace again. i dont think i could handle another loss.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*loves

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wanna be really pretentious, bring bean dip to HER next party.

Love from Cali.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh, the onion leads to bad breath = no sleazy makeout sessions!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home