I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Apologies

So its come to my attention that I've turned into a pretentious jerk since living in NYC for 3 months. I will agree to that. I will also say that its difficult to go back "home" to a boring suburb after living here. No other place in the world compares to New York and its not fair to make that comparison. I think I just associate all the old things with that suburb, like ex boyfriends, high school and having nothing to do but going to the mall. I just don't think I can live in California at this stage in my life. There is so much I want to do right now that I cannot do in California. The advertising/marketing industry is huge in New York and most companies are headquartered here. Learning how to dance or knit or join a roller derby team is only a subway ride away, I can't do those things so easily in any other place. The diversity of extracurricular activities are on a grand scale here. I never meant to be a jerk, and I'm not trying to say I'm too good for Cali, and this was pointed out to me many times, but I just feel that its not where I should be right now. I need to be here, I was called to live in New York at this point in my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

apology accepted.

-a friend from california

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home