I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Life or something like it

I've been watching life pass by from the twin sized camping air mattress I'm using as a bed. Not so fun. I'm trying to buy a tv, but when I went to Target, I found myself wondering how the hell I was going to get it home. Life isn't so easy here, but it sure is fun. I went to a Sikh exhibit at the Rubin Museum of Art which is free on Fridays, and followed that up with coffee and chocolate cake at a cafe in my neighborhood. At the cafe, my friend tried his best to persuade me to go on Match.com. He insists that I should be dating men who make at least 75k a year with comparable education. He also pointed out that I'm new to New York and this would be the only opportunity to date and find my perfect match. I totally see what he saying, but I am somewhat reluctant and kind of scared. I guess its no different from meeting random guys at places and such, but still it makes me nervous. I think I'm going to wait on this for now. I have more important things to focus on like not living on the floor of my new residence.

1 Comments:

Blogger cherie said...

True that honey! You should see him now!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home