I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Living the Brooklyn Life

I haven't been posting or doing much of anything online lately. I don't feel much like being social. I don't leave my house on the weekends except for laundry, gym and coffee. Its also because I'm trying to save up for a bedroom set. I got a mattress yesterday--finally, and it was the most embarassing thing ever. I got it from the Costco in Brooklyn and had to wheel it on a flatbed through the store. People were veering out of the way in fear of being runover by a queensize bed. The other people kept touching it, which I found strange. After we got it through the checkout, we had to strap it on top of the car which took another 45 minutes. During this time, we watched a man steal a parking space from another man wearing an FDNY shirt. The man got out of his car and began yelling and screaming at the guy for stealing his parking space. It was well-deserved I admit. We thought it would end in fists flying, but after 15 minutes of yelling the guy finally moved his car. Thats Brooklyn for you.

Anyhow, the online romance is still flourishing with the guy from Cali. I like this guy so much. He was married to someone I knew, more than an acquaintance but not a friend for life, and he has sent me pictures of them together when they were married, and its so difficult sometimes. Its not because she's in them, but that they looked so happy. I feel so bad that it didn't work out for them. I still remember running into her after they were married for a few years and how happy she seemed. I told him how very sorry I am that it didn't work out, and he said, "well maybe it did." He has a healthy outlook on the situation, and for someone who has undergone that kind of emotional pain, he's pretty stable. We are pretty much counting down the days until we see each other again--7 weeks. It will be nice to be near him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home