I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hello Everybody

So, in my on-again off-again affair with NYC, I've decided its over. I asked my company to transfer me to San Francisco just so I get the hell out of here. New York has its charms and the architecture and history is brilliant. The dogshit on the sidewalks, the garbage on the streets, and the stench of armpits in the air is just not worth enduring. I have an appointment with HR on Tuesday to discuss my options for SF, though I have to interview just like I would any other job, and it can take up to a few months if they don't have any openings. Quite frankly, I don't want to go to SF either, so I've been applying to jobs in San Diego and Los Angeles as well. Going to SF is an easier way to stay with my company because I've been spoiled with the equivalent of 4 weeks of vacation they give us. My heart lies in Southern California though. Literally. I figured I would assess my market value by applying to various positions, but sadly I haven't heard back from anyone. Applying for jobs is such a bummer. Incidentally, next month I will have been in NYC for one year. This must be what boot camp feels like. I feel like I'm dragging myself out of the mud to the finish line or something.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cali misses you baby, though we would understand if you have to live in sf for a while. sf loves you too. both of them.

8:11 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

NYC as boot camp? Only if they're $100 rain boots, baby! Oh wait, you have got $100 rain boots. Okay, please continue.

10:21 AM  
Blogger notsimplyyes said...

you left already!?!?!?!
no way!!!!
has a lot of people left too?
I feel like I am going to miss a lot of people after I go back....

I am going to moss you bad. :(
hope you have a great time in SF and I'll come to visit you one day :)

-monica

7:53 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

Monica,
I'm still here silly! Thanks for the postcard, I was so jealous you got to go to all those places. I hope you had a great time. I will be here most likely when you get back.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home