I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Life

So, I got a new set of eharmony matches today and someone who wants to "communicate" with me. Excitedly, I opened my inbox thinking today will be better than yesterday's Ralphs and Genes. No, in fact today was worse. Way worse. My inbox was filled with matches who ranged in height from shorter than me to men who were really fat. If I might be so bold to say, uglies. I have come to the conclusion that I am too attractive for eharmony.com. I know you are thinking, "just filter those short guys out" well thanks to the brilliant patented proprietary algorithm I cannot. Because according to the fucking CEO, personality characteristics are more important than appearance. So they do not make a functionality to sort through appearance. So now I have to deal with the fatties in my inbox.

Not only is eharmony full of shit, but they have a horrible horrible user experience. I can barely find my way around the site. I'm afraid if I click something its going to send a message to one of the uglies in my inbox. I don't like to critique sites very often, but for a site like theirs, they need to step it up. So, that being said, I'm going to finish up the month with eharmony and forget about internet dating. It's all bullshit. And no, I will not be doing hotornot.com because I'm not in high school. No, I'm going to have to meet guys the old-fashion way-by going out and having random sex with people.


So, yesterday a girl from my grad program sent me an email saying that her company is hiring, and that I may be able to negotiate a salary from 80-100k. This company is based in Socal. It's weird, because just yesterday I was thinking maybe I would stay in New York and give this place another chance. I just joined a co-workers book club as of yesterday and now I'm planning a trip to Boston next weekend. Aside from that, I am still waiting to hear back from my recruiter about the transfer opportunity that opened up in SF. So as it stands, I have no idea what my future holds for me. If the SF transfer goes through, I will probably be out of NYC in a month. For the first time in a long time, I don't care where I end up. LA, SF, or staying in NYC. Either of those places are fine with me. I have no commitments and every day I'm thankful I didn't stay in my hometown--because I would never have the opportunities I have now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find it kind of ironic that you are so against hotornot, since it is clearly the exact opposite of e-harmony. hotornot basicly matches you up with people you DO find attractive. at that point its up to you to determine if you are emotionally compatable. and its not $60. i would revise your thinking missy.

9:57 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

Maybe its just me, but I think those who don't want to pay will not filter out the general population of trash. I feel like the payment part of it does filter in some way, but not just the uglies, but those who are not serious about dating. Though, I don't necessarily feel that I'm serious about dating either right now.

10:05 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

the only guys i ever met in online dating were complete, terrifying psychos. run from internet dating! run far, far away!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home