I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Reality

Okay, so I'm off my euphoric high. I was gliding through the week happy with my new liberated status and confident that things with Chris would work themselves out. Well that all died today. Today it all came crashing down into feelings of solitude and a tinge of sadness. I miss that guy. I miss his jokes, and his points of view. I miss the fact that he was the only person besides my creative director who knew what I did for a living. I mean really understood what I did. Not in the fuzzy generic "she does web design" sort of way. I really love that kid. Its so disappointing that we live across the country from each other. I've been watching all of the Sex and the City episodes, and I feel like every episode is my life--I mean minus the friends and Manhattan social life and good salary. Carrie's relationship with Big mirrors this Chris situation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

things will get better. the sadness comes and goes, as you know. hopefully when you are back home, things will be better. then we can be depressed together over sex and the city episodes and red wine.

12:11 AM  
Blogger notsimplyyes said...

I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but I believe life will find its way out. I know this all sounds like same old cliche but it is true. It's good to know that you'll still be there when I am back. :)
don't feel jealous of my trip, summer in New York is the best, I miss a lot of concert and events already.

talk to you soon :)

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home