I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Cat out of the bag

I'm in Cali! I spent all day Thursday with Chris waverunning at Mission Bay. It was awesome. I was like a forty year old bald man with a mid-life crisis. I was drunk with power at the wheel of that seadoo. We had so much fun. After the seadooing, we checked into a hotel room and recouped for a couple of hours and went out to a bar and club at Pacific Beach then went back to the hotel room. We checked out on Friday afternoon and headed back to my mom's house to drop off our stuff and then went to the Simpsons movie. (save your money) On Wednesday, Chris's ex-wife asked him about us. She wanted to know if we were together. If you remember correctly, her and I were work friends during high school. Chris told her we were talking and gave her the status of our relationship. She was cool with it.


After the Simpsons movie, Chris had planned on picking up his two daughters after dropping me off, but he got a text from his ex-wife asking to bring me because she would like to see me. So, I went with him to pick up his daughters (the first time meeting them) and to see Jenn again (the first time in 7 years). It was a bit awkward, I was nervous and she seemed okay with the situation. She told the girls about me, and they were expecting to meet me. She seemed different, not the same Jenn I remembered. She gave me hug and we took the girls and left. We went to dinner, and I got to see his daughters in action. After dinner, Chris dropped me off, and later called me to ask if I would like to go with him and his girls to San Diego on Sunday. "The cat's out of the bag" he said. I agreed. I have to admit though, I don't know shit about 5 and 7 year olds. I asked the 7 year old if she had learned her ABC's yet. She was like, "Yeah, in kindergarten like 2 years ago". This should be fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm. well we know how i feel about cats. not a fan. but im glad he is finally bringing you out of the closet. big step. im sure its only a matter of time before i have another wedding invitation to decline.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home