I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Last Day

Today was my last day at work. I haven't had work to do since last week, so I spent all this week making personal phone calls, IMing, and reading blogs. I went to lunch with my manager and with another UI designer of my selection. Around 3pm, I sent the goodbye email and after a couple of people came to say goodbye, I felt like I was going to cry, so I left. I had planned to go to Soho, but decided I wanted to be alone in my own mind. So I went to MOMA. I had expected to pay $12 with my student ID (yes, I still use it) and found out that SUNY students are free. I went in for free and saw a Luis Bunuel movie for free as well. It was perfect. There was an exhibit on Soviet architecture, which my new future co-worker told me was the influence for my new apartment. There's nothing I love more than spending a day walking around in a museum. I am so glad, I'm within train distance to San Francisco.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

im excited for you to start your new life! its going to be AMAZING!!! enjoy the rest of your time in NYC...

11:14 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

What do you mean you've had nothing to do for the past week -- you had nothing great to do there for way too long -- that's how they do.

What a wonderful way to spend that afternoon, though!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home