I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bhangra & Falafels

I went out last night to Basement Bhangra. Bhangra originates from the Punjab region of India. It kind of entered American Mainstream a few years ago through the Jay-Z song with Punjabi MC, (listen here) Beware of the Boyz. Dancing to Bhangra is super fun. It's a total workout, you move your arms and legs and jumping is also required which is totally different from dancing to American music. It's so fun. Lots of different people go, not just Indian people. Some of the non-Indian people are really good too. I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty good as well. The only draw back is that it kind of totally smells like B.O. but, the upside to that, is if its you...who cares! Anyhow, we ended our evening eating Falafels in the East Village at 3am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home