I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Incoherent thoughts

I fell asleep on the subway today. I mean asleep. My mouth was open and everything. I woke up to find three men staring at me. My love for Brooklyn accents has grown beyond reason. All basic height, weight and even hygiene requirements for men go right out the window once I hear the Brooklyn accent. So far, the accents come from the Italian neighborhoods, but I know there are some Irish ones I've yet to discover. Two men were playing flamenco style guitar at the subway station. They were really good. I wanted to give them money, but because no one else was, I didn't either. Its hard to believe how much influence a group of strangers can have on you. I regret it though. I feel guilty for not giving them money, they deserved it. I'm volunteering this weekend, I'm packing bags to be delivered for the holidays. I wanted to volunteer to serve food to homeless, but the good projects go fast. Damn volunteers. I'm back to using the f-word again. I have to say I think its an outlet for frustration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home