I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Observations

"Hey this is New York, you can get stabbed at any time."


These are the sagacious words of a Brooklyn-born co-worker when I was complaining about one of the rougher subway stops on Fulton Avenue. While this is in fact a true statement, there are people in New York who are quite friendly and eager to help. Almost always people will answer the questions of those who are lost in the subway and looking for the right train. Its an interesting city. On one hand, there's this survival of the fittest mentality, but on the other, if you ask for help, you'll usually get it. In order to live here in harmony with others, its best to adopt an expressionless face and tough exterior, but more often than not, people will suprise you. I mean, this city didn't earn a reputation for nothing right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home