I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Gentrify!

This weekend I was all over Brooklyn interviewing as a potential roommate in different areas of the borough. I always understood gentrification to be a negative concept. However, in Brooklyn, many view it as a positive force. Everyone except native Brooklynites that is. The general vibe is that as all the yuppies move in and take over BK, the natives are forced to move further and further out. Since we basically live on an island, eventually there won't be any place for them to go. The new Brooklyn is safer and trendier, but what happens to the locals? While I was looking in Williamsburg, I caught of glimpse of its industrial past. Once an area filled with factories, its experiencing an artistic awakening.

I was interviewing in Fort Greene, one of the girls knew someone I went to high school with. Crazy right? I come from a suburb in California, not a super large one either. The chances are like super minimal that I would run into someone who knows someone I knew from 6th grade to graduation. Crazy! I have random pictures of Brooklyn and a Map Chest.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you keep deleting my comments? why is the truth so painful?

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I

S H A L L

B E

A V E N G E D

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home