I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, November 17, 2006

This just in...

I saw the flamenco guitarists on the subway platform today and I totally tipped them. After all that guilt from not tipping earlier. I went to the doctor and found out I have a heart murmur. I know its probably not a big deal, but its been occupying my mind for the last few days. I guess its the realization that good health is not a given. I've been healthy my whole life. No broken appendages, not even a bee sting. Lately, I feel this massive ball of emotions--anxiety, anger, hope, sadness, and a healthy dose of pessimism. I dont know how I can feel all these things at once. I do have hope that I'll snap out of this. I do know that realistically things are not bad. In fact, things are good. The adjustment period is always rough and I'm in the process of moving yet again. I'm hoping to get out of this place soon. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but I still feel as though I'm bursting with these overwhelming feelings. On a totally different topic, who gives a crap about TomKat getting married? I'm more concerned about who turkey basted Katie Holmes. I think I'm finally going to see Borat this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home