I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Follow your dreams...

Follow your dreams was the cliche which was told to me yesterday by a good friend of mine. Who never updates her blog I might add. I have always wanted to be a well rounded person with many facets. I've always wanted to be the girl you talk to at a cafe and find out in 15 minutes that she has traveled through Europe and New Zealand, speaks a couple of languages, knits and sews her clothes, knows how to Salsa dance, and is a local activist who started her own program to help teenagers become better adults. So, I've comprised a list of activities that I will pursue on the advice of my friend. Mainly because at this time in my life I have both the means and the time to do it. So here's the short list that will keep me occupied for the next few months. I've already joined a Salsa class that starts in December.

  • Learn to Salsa

  • Learn how to knit (again)

  • Learn to speak Spanish (fluently)

  • Learn to Swing dance

  • Take voice lessons

  • Take photography courses

  • Join a book club that doesn't read lame books

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"knits and sews her clothes, knows how to Salsa dance, and is a local activist who started her own program to help teenagers become better adults..."

so, basically you want complete stangers to realize how boring you are immediately upon meeting you?

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....ok.

no more comments for you.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home