I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The fabric of new york

For those of you who have never been to New York, I feel the need to describe each and every fiber that creates the fabric of New York for you. Maybe its because I'm still new to this place, but there are still things that amaze me and surprise me. This morning as I was running down the stairs to the subway, it was clear I was going to miss my train because the doors were already closed. The conducter saw me and held a set of doors open for me and waved me in. Then, as I boarded the N train, to our utter amazement it was a brand new train. Everyone was looking around and noticing all the details and the colors and the smoothness of the ride. As I took my place at the pole, this guy was playing the accordian from Brooklyn all the way into Manhattan. In my ear. Its these small details of everyday life that makes this place what it is. Its everything and nothing. On a different note, you all thought the gym guy thing was over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home