I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving in Brooklyn

I spent thanksgiving at a co-workers place. Of course, I felt as if I was on an episode of the Amazing Race, because I had to take 3 trains and walk in a seedy area just to get there. It was a lot of fun. I liked most of the people there and we traded "moving to New York stories" on how we have turned into New York assholes with no patience and large amounts of pent up anger. I used to not care if someone held the train door open, and now I'm like, "Shut the fucking door asshole, so we can leave!" (of course I don't say it, only think it) We talked about how almost everyone we knew still lived where they grew up and now have families. It got me thinking about how I used to stare out the window of my high school classroom thnking there must be more to life than the stupid suburbia I lived in. I remember talking to others about it, and feeling as if no one felt the same way. I was destined to live in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home