I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Monday, November 27, 2006

My life in review.

I'm turning another year old next week. I was walking to the gym yesterday and I had an "oh shit" moment. Fuck, I'm almost 30. I still feel as if I'm 24. I almost feel like I've let my whole life pass me by, starting a career so late in life. I'm not a doctor or even a Ph.D. It doesn't seem like I should have waited this long to finally have a career. Now isn't the time to be second guessing my life. I suppose. I almost feel like I wasted all the time between graduating high school til now. I have nothing to show for that time. No trip to Europe. No marriage. Nothing. I can't determine whether or not I should be happy about my position in life. At work, many of the people I work with hold degrees from prestigious schools. I still feel like I'm not good enough because I went to state schools my whole life. My agency hires people who they believe to be smart. Most days I wonder how the fuck I got a job there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home