I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

$12 Bellinis and Juniors



Saturday, the girl I met a few months ago, (the jewwannabe) called me to see if I wanted to go to Taj, a lounge in the city. I didn't feel much like going out, but because I've made such a huge fuss of not having friends here, I decided to suck it up and do it. This girl was born and raised in Brooklyn, and true Brooklynites never leave Brooklyn. We went the lounge and had free Merlot and decided we wanted to go to Juniors, but because the one in Brooklyn was too hard to get to, we went to the one in Times Square. After we had our mac n' cheese and dessert, we went to the W hotel around the corner to the lounge called the Living Room. We hung out there people watching and guessing which states the people were from. I had a $12 bellini, which was worth the price. I actually decided last night that I liked her. Of course, she's a devout Catholic girl who is also a 26-year old virgin, but as long as she doesn't judge my foul mouth and debaucherous ways, we will get along just fine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

26 year old virgins....i just dont get it. wrong on so many levels.

and with respect to the $12 drinks...thats nothing compared to the abbey. after tip, i sometimes spend up to $20 on a martini. it is, however, worth every damn penny!

10:27 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

I'm sorry honey, the Abbey is where again? Oh right, not in New York City, so no its not okay to spend $20 on a Martini.
Mwah.

2:48 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

I'm so glad you went out & gave NYC nightlife a chance. It even sounds like you had a good time. You didn't miss anything at Coney yesterday, by the way, except for okay pizza delivered by Brooklyn's bitchiest.

And hey, I've paid $12 for beer in Manhattan. Trust me, I'm enjoying the monetary benefits of quitting the devil's drink.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home