I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Times

I totally became unraveled this morning. All my pent up aggression and frustration came to a head this morning as I was walking to the subway station. I was on the phone with Cali guy, and I unexpectedly ruptured. I was yelling on the top of my lungs while I was crossing the street, "I'm almost thirty and I have nothing. Nothing! Nothing to show for my life..." To this he responded, "You have 2 Master's degrees and a career." Anyway, I had an hour subway ride to collect my irrational thoughts.


After watching Lost tonight, I decided I would do what Charlie did on the show. Write down my five favorite memories. This won't really mean anything to anyone, but this is going to act as a therapeutic relief for me.

    5. Driving down the 15 freeway with my sunroof open, wearing my sunglasses and feeling the sun on my skin.

    4. Graduating from my undergrad institution. I worked really hard and it surprised me.

    3. Driving through five states from Buffalo to Atlanta during Autumn.

    2. Driving from Buffalo to New York City with my car packed to the rim to start my new life.

    1. My trip to San Francisco with people I don't talk to anymore. I got so drunk I had alcohol poisioning and couldn't get out of bed until 5pm the next day. But we had a shit load of fun.


I think being stuck in the negativity of everyday life has gotten me so far off course of rationality that I need to remind myself of when I was happy. Not to say that I'm not happy, I'm okay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as someone on the brink of 30, i can tell you its not THAT bad. i look forward to my 30s, actually, as i have heard that they will be the best years of my life. i am confident that this is true.

and yes, i too have amazing memories of san francisco. =)~

7:04 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

a bj from jc. yes i know. you are such a slag.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate that word. just say PIMP. its more fitting. thanx.

5:42 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

As someone in her 30s, and who was petrified of not having everything I wanted before giving up her 20s, I can tell you that it honestly gets better. You really don't even know yourself until you're at least 30. Just have fun & enjoy the rest of your 20s instead of wasting your time yelling at a boyfriend, or whatever, who lives on the other side of the country.

Congrats on being inspired by Lost.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home