I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

A weekend in Massachusetts


A weekend in Massachusetts is exactly what I needed. We got into Boston around midnight and went straight to bed (sleeping bags on the floor). On Saturday we didn't go to Maine, because it was a four hour trip, but instead went to Topsfield-a suburb of Boston. Jesse, the guy we were staying with has a mother who reads Tarot Cards. Naturally, on the cusp of a large life decision and so close to Salem, I thought I would go ahead and let her read mine. She revealed some very interesting things. She told me that I have a major shake up in my life coming. Its going to change everything for me, and its going to take a lot of hard work to rebuild my life after this shake up. She told me that I have to know that I have the tools and the ability to do "this". She also said it is key for me to have confidence in myself and to remind myself that I can do it. She said that it is a very positive thing and that it may be hard at first to see the silver lining but its there. She also said that I may feel comfortable in my current situation but that this change is necessary and it is career related. I told her that I was sort of on the brink of a major decision in my life about where to live and she said that she feels that whatever this is would happen regardless. I also asked a silent question which I didn't say out loud--"Will I get married?" Though, she didn't hear the question, she told me that the cards say "probably yes". The answer is most likely yes, but that I have a lot of internal stuff I have to work out right now. She said that right now its me time. It was a surprisingly emotional experience and though I don't normally believe in that kind of stuff, it seemed pretty right on.

After the reading, we went on a sailboat and sailed in Manchester-by-the-Sea a very exclusive area in Mass. It was amazing. Sailing is a lot of work and a lot of fun. After our sailing adventure, we had a bowl of clam chowder and fried clams. We went back to the house afterwards and went right to bed. Sailing is exhaustive! On Sunday, we had a late breakfast and went into the Quincy market and walked around the North End of Boston. We were only there for about an hour, and I didn't get to make out with a red-haired Irish boy. I'll get to that next time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well dear, per the tarrot card reader, it sounds like there may not be a next time in boston. i usually have much more respect for you. but resting your fate in the hands of a crazy card reader...thats a new low.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want a red-haired Irish boy? I know of one you can have.

2:54 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

honey, the card reader was talking about a major positive change in my career-not the end of my life. and as for the red haired irish boy--yes, I do want one.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

That's my Momma your talking about. Only I call her a crazy card reader.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home