I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

New York is Taxi Free!

For the first time ever, I think I heard the birds chirping on Park Avenue. The streets were fairly empty and for a second I forgot I lived in New York. Until I had to sidestep some dog poo. No noisy taxis honking their damned horns at pedestrians, and no crazy drivers trying to run me over. It's heavenly outside. I can count how many times I've taken a taxi on one hand, so I don't care if they are on strike. Take mass transit or walk. I also think its stupid that they are going on strike over GPS and installing credit card machines. Every other major city has credit card fueled taxis, so lets step it up.


So, I had my first phone interview since I've been employed yesterday. Yesterday's hits and today's favorites was playing in the background because I couldn't find a quiet place to conduct the interview. Let's just say I don't think it went well. He asked me some really detailed questions about my role as an ID. I was sort of taken off guard. He also seemed slightly disinterested in me near the end of the interview. So, I chalked it up to a loss. I had assumed the interview was a result of that girl passing my resume to her recruiter, but after a brief thank you email, she emailed me back saying she didn't pass my resume through. That bitch. So, it looks like I got the interview on my own. Quite frankly, I realized that I was a bit out of my league anyways. It was my dream job at my dream company, but I'm sure in a couple of more years I'll be ready. So, after the interview, I emailed my recruiter to find out about the SF position. She told me that she "made contact" and asked for an updated resume. Hopefully it won't be long til I'm out this bitch.

3 Comments:

Blogger fifi said...

Maybe the interview went better than you think it did. Who knows? I'm kinda surprised H didn't send your resume through, but what a bigger coup that they contacted you on your own merits, not on a referrral.

8:53 AM  
Blogger cherie said...

I think they probably want someone with more experience thats okay. I'm just waiting for that generated email to come my way. The one that says I'm a qualified candidate but...blah blah.

11:45 AM  
Blogger *Bitch Cakes* said...

Amen, sister! I *detest* cabs and refuse to take them. Cabs are for tourists. They should strike more often.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home